Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Liu, Xiaoyan" <xl...@CapitalThinking.com> on 2002/08/26 22:43:25 UTC

RE: i can't acces absolute symbolic link created with ln -s comma nd on LINUX

Any ideas on this bug?

I posted exactly the same question before and got no
response. jsp:include seems not working with symlinked
directory.

It works on 4.0 version, but stops working on 4.1 version.
Is it a tomcat bug or coyote bug?

I thought [4.1.9] build with bug fix for #10949 will solve
the problem, but does not seem so.

Thanks.

Posted by Irina Lishchenko <il...@lishchenko.de>.
On Monday 26 August 2002 22:43, you wrote:
> Any ideas on this bug?

I can not give too much ideas only some facts

> I posted exactly the same question before and got no
> response. jsp:include seems not working with symlinked
> directory.
>
> It works on 4.0 version, but stops working on 4.1 version.

It really works fine with TC4.0.4, and everything works: linked directories,
linked files, static and dinamic includes of linked files

With TC 4.1.9 it does not work but if I make top level linked directory in my
webapps folder, that works fine assuming that this directory itself does not
have symlinks inside of it
As soon as it gets symlinkes inside, those don't not work. For example, the
context http://localhost:8080/german/, where german is a symbolic link to the
directory /opt/tomcat4.0.4/webapps/german in the webapps folder of TC 4.1.9
(/opt/tocmat4.1.9/webapps), shows next listing

Filename                         Size           Last Modified

AddNewWord.jsp                   0.2 kb         Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:57:08 GMT

OracleDataSource.jsp             1.8 kb         Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:53:38 GMT

admin/                                          null

include.jsp                      0.1 kb         Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:19:25 GMT

link.html/                                      null

link.jsp/                                       null

Everywhere where there is null we have symbolic links: admin - folder, other
files and they don't work. But usual jsp in the symlinked folder german works
fine. Although include.jsp does not work (shows empty page) because it has
inside only include statements for above mentioned symlinks

> Is it a tomcat bug or coyote bug?

Actually I tried a quick test, commented Coyote connector
(org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector) with port 8080 and uncommented
the HttpConnector(org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector), for the
last one I changed port 8083 to 8080. Restart Tomcat, and nothing was
changed. That all I did not go deeper

ilis