Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@grabb.it> on 2008/05/29 02:47:00 UTC

error with larger design documents

I started working on my first non-trivial view functions, and came
across this error when the Javascript view server kicks in:

Error in process <0.612.0> with exit value:
{{badmatch,{error,error_header_too_large}},[{couch_view,reset_file,4},{couch_view,start_update_loop,4}]}

My functions were all working when stored in individual design
documents, but when I grouped them the error showed up. For now I can
just keep them individually, but the group size (3,500 bytes) isn't
all that large, so I can imagine writing individual functions that
long one of these days.

Maybe I'm mis-diagnosing the problem. If I'm correct, the next step is
figuring out if the problem is on the CouchDB side or the View Server
side.

If anyone out there is setup to run non-JS views, maybe you have time
to try a pretty big view, and report back. If the bug is just in the
JS view server, maybe I can patch it myself.

Thanks!
Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com

Re: error with larger design documents

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@grabb.it>.
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Damien Katz <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, that's a limitation of the current implementation that should be fixed
> before 1.0. Could you create a bug for it?

Created here with a little more detail.

I set priority to Minor, because for now the workaround of keeping
large views in their own design docs is alright.

Thanks!

Posted by Damien Katz <da...@gmail.com>.
Chris,
Yeah, that's a limitation of the current implementation that should be
fixed before 1.0. Could you create a bug for it?

-Damien