Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mrutyunjay Sahasrabudhe <mr...@techmahindra.com> on 2012/03/15 08:06:38 UTC

OCRB fonts are not rendered in PCL output

Hi,

I am using OCRB font for some part of the text and generating PCL output using
FOP 1.0.

The font is installed in the required directory for Java 2D to use those.

But, I don't see the text that uses OCRB font in the output file (the PCL
file).

Any idea whether it would an issue of FOP or PCL?

It would be great if anyone knows a resolution of how to get OCRB fonts
rendered correctly in PCL.

Thanks & regards,
Mrutyunjay

Re: OCRB fonts are not rendered in PCL output

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 15/03/2012 16:03, Luis Bernardo wrote:

Hi Luis,

> At the moment that is not possible...
>
> The only fonts that can be rendered as text right now are the first 12
> standard fonts (F1 to F12).
I'm not sure that's true. The Base Fonts are rendered as text, but
custom fonts installed in the Operating System and available to Java AWT
can be used but they are rasterized rather than inserted as text in the
PCL. The end result on the printer should be comparable though.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the OCRB font in this case. Have
you checked FOP's logs, maybe the font name under Java AWT is not
matching what you expect and reference in the XSL-FO?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.