Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by PICOT Christophe <c....@mairie-bordeaux.fr> on 2007/04/04 09:14:54 UTC

RE : Pluto and weblogic

I've deployed successfully pluto (1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2) in weblogic 9.2.

That's what I needed to do, not sure it's the only or/and the best solution.

To do so, I had to give weblogic access to the jar, as you do it with Tomcat. For me it was in the default folder : "bea\weblogic92\samples\domains\wl_server\lib". To be sure, you have a readme.txt in this fodler wich explains you that it's the right folder.
So put in this folder "castor-1.0.jar", "pluto-container-1.1.2-iris.jar", "pluto-descriptor-api.jar", "pluto-descriptor-impl-1.1.2.jar", "pluto-taglib-1.1.2.jar" and "portlet-api-1.0.jar". I also needed to put "commons-logging-api.jar".
It's not a good idea to have the jars in the war.

As you can see I have my own version of pluto-container. I needed to modify some classes in pluto, for weblogic :

In the class RenderResponseImpl (org.apache.pluto.internal.impl) :
public void setBufferSize(int size) {
    this.getHttpServletResponse().setBufferSize(size);
}

You can wait to have this exception before modifying pluto and let me know if there's another way to solve the problem : IllegalStateException with the message                 "portlet container does not support buffering", line 178 of RenderResponseImpl;

With maven, you can recompile pluto easily.

Regards

Posted by qba <ja...@wp.pl>.
Hi

In pluto 1.1.2 there is a switch
org.apache.pluto.ALLOW_BUFFER
which shuld be set true in properties file in order it works in weblogic.

I also managed to fix the problem with testsuite -
DefaultApplicationIdResolver works wrong in weblogic - I added additional
contest-parameter in DD to hot fix the problem

But now I have problem with cross-contexts

pluto displays internal protles (AboutPortlet etc) but it fails to display
portlets from testsuite
getting NullPointerException form PortletTag.

How to make cross-context in Weblogic or fix it laternatively?

regards

Re: RE : Pluto and weblogic

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Re: RE : Pluto and weblogic

Posted by qba <ja...@wp.pl>.
Hi!

Many thanks for answer it definitely let me go further.
The portlets from pluto portal are now loaded.
However portlets from testsuite are not - debug sais the testsuite is
reading portlet.xml from the main portal war which seems for me as a magic.

I dont have luck with it )-:

regards