Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Christopher Matta <cm...@mapr.com> on 2014/11/19 19:36:41 UTC

Automatic drill log collection

I’ve got a suite of queries I’ve been running against Drill, some succeed
and other don’t, for the scripts that don’t succeed it’d be helpful to have
the cluster logs in one place to analyze them. To keep it all straight I
wrote this small script to run the query and collect the results, including
log files related to that query in one directory. It uses SSH and diff to
determine updated logs for the query run.

Please check it out and feel free to submit fixes and improvements:
https://github.com/cjmatta/RunDrillQuery

Chris Matta
cmatta@mapr.com
215-701-3146
​

Re: Automatic drill log collection

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.
Great tool Chris!

Just FYI, on clusters where multiple drill version are installed the DrillVersion need to be set manually to the correct one. (likely a corner case only)

Andries