Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/03 22:45:01 UTC

Seed Data & Demo data is not loading with new checkout

Hi Ofbizian's,

 Today i checkout the new ofbiz from Apache site.When i executed the command "ant run-install" with fresh database it didn't load demo and seed data.Although the build completed successfully.

 When i executed the command "ant run-install-seed" then it loads the seed data.And when i increased one reader's parameter "demo" in ant-run-seed target in build.xml file and again executed command "ant run-install-seed" then everything loads properly....(seed data as well as demo data).

 You can see the code shown below for further clarification about what i am saying:
     <target name="run-install-seed" depends="build">
         <java jar="ofbiz.jar" fork="true">
             <jvmarg value="${memory.max.param}"/>
             <arg value="install"/>
             <arg value="readers=seed,demo"/>
         </java>
     </target>

 Any specific reason for not loading of demo and seed data with default command  "ant run-install" ???????????

 Thanks for your Precious Time.

 Regards
 Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Seed Data & Demo data is not loading with new checkout

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Hmm... it seems to be working for me...

-David

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com>.
Chris & David,

 Thanks for your kind help.
 Cris i didn't change anything in entityengine.xml file.
 I changed only one thing and that was the setting for localmysql.
 I deleted database and again tried it.
 I am surprised everything is working fine now.(its loading seed and demo data both)

 I will call it Magic :) what will you call this ????
 Anyway Thanks once again.

 Regards
 Ashish Vijaywargiya

Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com> wrote: Ashish,

you didn't by chance create or edit the datasource in
entityengine.xml that is defined by the delegator
definition and leave out the section where
reader-name="%readerName%"?

--- Ashish Vijaywargiya
wrote:

> Hi Ofbizian's,
>
>  Today i checkout the new ofbiz from Apache
> site.When i executed the command "ant run-install"
> with fresh database it didn't load demo and seed
> data.Although the build completed successfully.
>
>  When i executed the command "ant run-install-seed"
> then it loads the seed data.And when i increased one
> reader's parameter "demo" in ant-run-seed target in
> build.xml file and again executed command "ant
> run-install-seed" then everything loads
> properly....(seed data as well as demo data).
>
>  You can see the code shown below for further
> clarification about what i am saying:
>
> depends="build">
>

>  Any specific reason for not loading of demo and
> seed data with default command  "ant run-install"
> ???????????
>
>  Thanks for your Precious Time.
>
>  Regards
>  Ashish Vijaywargiya

>  Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo!
> Mail Beta.

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.

Re: Seed Data & Demo data is not loading with new checkout

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Ashish,

you didn't by chance create or edit the datasource in
entityengine.xml that is defined by the delegator
definition and leave out the section where <read-data
reader-name="%readerName%"?

--- Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com>