Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rakesh Midha <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/13 16:10:07 UTC

Deploy Lenya Publication on tomcat/cocoon

Hello

I read in one of the document that I can develop content for a publication
in Lenya and deploy it in a server which can be combination of tomcat and
cocoon. How can I do this?

I dont want to export static html's and deploy it on tomcat. What I want is
have dynamic content coming from Lenya to a server which doesn't have lenya.
Is it possible? If yes, please tell me how. Any help on this available.

Also main marketting pitch says "Deployment is flexible: Sites can be served
dynamically by the authoring server (for small deployments) or another
servlet container. It is also possible to export content statically or to
use Apache as a proxy." Does this mean on the authoring server we need lenya
to be installed. How do I serve the content on another server dynamically.

Thanks
Rakesh

Re: Deploy Lenya Publication on tomcat/cocoon

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El jue, 13-07-2006 a las 19:40 +0530, Rakesh Midha escribió:
> Hello
>
> I read in one of the document that I can develop content for a
> publication in Lenya and deploy it in a server which can be
> combination of tomcat and cocoon. How can I do this?

Did you follow
http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/installation/source_version.html

especially
http://lenya.apache.org/1_2_x/installation/source_version.html#Install
+with+Tomcat

> I dont want to export static html's and deploy it on tomcat. What I
> want is have dynamic content coming from Lenya to a server which
> doesn't have lenya. Is it possible? If yes, please tell me how. Any
> help on this available.

se above link

> Also main marketting pitch says "Deployment is flexible: Sites can be
> served dynamically by the authoring server (for small deployments) or
> another servlet container. It is also possible to export content
> statically or to use Apache as a proxy." Does this mean on the
> authoring server we need lenya to be installed. How do I serve the
> content on another server dynamically.

Lenya is a servlet on top of the cocoon servlet which is running in a
servlet container (such as tomcat).

Can you point us to the document where you got this informations?

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"