Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mike M <mk...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/17 03:02:36 UTC

Comments

Hi ..

I downloaded the Apache Soap product a week back. It
looks pretty good. I could get the samples to run
without too many hassles.
Only thing I found was that the documentation was a
bit lacking. Are there any plans to ramp up the
documentation.
Like in the alphaworks site there should be a
discussion forum which is web based as oppossed to
being EMail based.

Thanks...

=====
Mike M
Technical Consultant

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Comments

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
You could volunteer...............................
Regards - George

Re: Comments

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
You could volunteer...............................
Regards - George

Re: Comments

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
The normal process is for you to add the comments and post the diffs
here. THen, one of the committers should take them, review them, and
commit it. If this process happens more than as a one time thing, then
one of us will nominate you to become a committer.

Thanks for the offer!

Sanjiva.

Re: Comments

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
IMHO what we also need is an 'Architecture' perspective on Apache Soap and
how it is related to its ultimate function: as the Web Services Protocol.
For a real developer reading the code base is a requirement and a 'real
user' is not helped too much by javadoc comments.  We would really need an
O'Reilly kind of 'Web Services Guide' (this should include both the COM and
Java bindings, the current SOAP book is just about the MS technology, COM
bindings). It would be in IBM's long term interest to get a book like this
published. Could any of the IBM people on this forum lobby for it, please?
Regards - George

Re: Comments

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.

Re: Comments