Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2006/10/30 11:49:10 UTC

[SDO for C++] Making the definition of types more user friendly

Various people have complained about the fact that the process for defining
types (metadata) in SDO for C++ locks the type system as soon as the first
data object is created. I've submitted a patch under JIRA 546 that relaxes
that restriction a fair bit. With the patch in place, you can now create new
types whenevr you wish and every time a data object is created any types
added since the last data object was created are merged into the type
system. However, once a type is resolved in this way it becomes read-only
(as it was before the patch).

I've done a small amount of testing to show that existing functionality
isn't broken, however, I'd be interested in some feedback on a) whether this
works adn b) whether it is useful.

Regards,

Geoff.

Re: [SDO for C++] Making the definition of types more user friendly

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry for the delay, I was waiting to get M2 out of the way.

Patch works and has been applied.

Cheers,

--
Pete

Re: [SDO for C++] Making the definition of types more user friendly

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.