Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by prerna07 <pk...@sapient.com> on 2008/10/20 11:10:35 UTC

search not working correctly

Hi,

I have some indexes with string values "upload".
Search on &q=upload and &q=upl* gives me all results.

Issues :
Search on &q=upl gives me ZERO result.

Do i need to append query with some other parameter or solr search does not
work in this scenario?

Thanks,
Prerna

Re: search not working correctly

Posted by Norberto Meijome <nu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 03:24:36 -0700 (PDT)
prerna07 <pk...@sapient.com> wrote:

> Yes, We want search on these incomplete words.

Look into the NGram token factory . works a treat - I don't think it's
explained a lot in the wiki, but has been discussed in this list in the past,
and you also have JavaDoc and the source itself.

FWIW, I had problems getting it to work properly with minNgram != maxNGram
- analysis.jsp shows a match, but it didn't work in the QH . It could
*definitely* have been myself or code @ the time I tested it (pre 1.3
release)... I'll test again to see if it is happening and log a bug if
needed.....

_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"There are two kinds of stupid people. One kind says,'This is old and therefore
good'. The other kind says, 'This is new, and therefore better.'"
 John Brunner, 'The Shockwave Rider'.

Warned.

Re: search not working correctly

Posted by prerna07 <pk...@sapient.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
If "upl" is not a token in the index, then a simple query will not return
any document. You should use upl* if you want to match documents containing
the term "upload". However, do you really want to search for incomplete
words?

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 2:40 PM, prerna07 <pk...@sapient.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some indexes with string values "upload".
> Search on &q=upload and &q=upl* gives me all results.
>
> Issues :
> Search on &q=upl gives me ZERO result.
>
> Do i need to append query with some other parameter or solr search does not
> work in this scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> Prerna

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.