Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/17 07:28:05 UTC

IntelliJ IDEA and Tapestry Pages

Hello,

When I load the .tml pages inside of IntelliJ IDEA, and import the
namespace for tapestry, I cant get validation to work.

I tried associating the .tmls to XML,  associating it with XHTML, etc.
I let it import any and all resources it needed to. It prompted me to
add the HTML namespace, which I also tried at one point.

Has any one had any success?

I found a thread from much earlier this year but didn't find any resolution

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Josh Long
http://www.joshlong.com

Re: IntelliJ IDEA and Tapestry Pages

Posted by Josh Long <st...@gmail.com>.
Interesting. Will try those and try to get back to you by tomorrow..

Thanks,
Josh

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tml files associated to the HTML file type and i see no errors. Using
> IDEA 8.
> Can't remember if i changed any error settings thought.
> Can you check what happens when you associate to the HTML file type ? If i
> associate with XML or XHTML i also get errors, but not with HTML.
>

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM, Josh Long <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I load the .tml pages inside of IntelliJ IDEA, and import the
>> namespace for tapestry, I cant get validation to work.
>>
>> I tried associating the .tmls to XML,  associating it with XHTML, etc.
>> I let it import any and all resources it needed to. It prompted me to
>> add the HTML namespace, which I also tried at one point.
>>
>> Has any one had any success?
>>
>> I found a thread from much earlier this year but didn't find any resolution
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>>
>> Josh Long
>> http://www.joshlong.com

Joshua Long
Sun Certified Java Programmer

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Onno Scheffers <on...@piraya.nl>.
> Has any one had any success?

I don't have a real solution for this either.
The 'dynamic'/custom tags like <t:[yourComponent]>, <t:loop>, <t:if> are
considered illegal markup by IntelliJ and highlighted as errors.

But you can tell IntelliJ to accept custom attributes. I usually try to keep
the HTML as friendly to the designers as possible by only adding a t:id
attributes on some tags. That does mean I have a lot of @Component
annotations in my Java code, but it is much easier for the designers to work
with, the XHTML is fully previewable in a browser, you add a little more
type checking and refactoring from within your IDE always works.

regards,

Onno