Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by EL ALAMI <el...@intalio.com> on 2007/10/31 17:50:58 UTC

having the list of a remote axis2 services programmatically

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to use the axis2 API to have the list of a remote axis2
services , but I can't find a way to do it.

In a more specific description, I need to write a java function that takes
as argument the axis2 url (or its repository or something like that) and
returns the list of all the services correctly deployed on it.

I think that the AxisConfiguration.getServices() method is going to be used,
but of course I still need to have of the AxisConfiguration of the remote
engine.

Can anybody guide me through?

I appreciate your help;)

RE: having the list of a remote axis2 services programmatically

Posted by EL ALAMI <el...@intalio.com>.
Thank you for your replay
But I still woder if there is any better way to do this?

Do you now how to use the getConfigurationContextFromURI to get the
ConfigurationContext from a remote axis using just its URL.
 I can get this, then I can get the AxisConfiguration, and then use the
getServices method.
Thanks again for your help.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

Re: having the list of a remote axis2 services programmatically

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
You need some beans that expose the admin functionality as services so
that you can control it remotely. If you look at the source for WSO2 WSAS
you can see how we do it - you can either use WSAS' directly for it or
just copy the bits that you care about.

See:
http://wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/wsas/java/modules/admin/src/org/wso2/wsas/admin/service/

In particular you probably want ServiceAdmin.java. If you look at the WSAS
admin console you'll see how these services are used remotely.

http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.