Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Chuck Burgess <cb...@PROGRESSRAIL.com> on 2015/11/20 15:08:12 UTC

Learn Clojure?

Is Storm moving away from Clojure?  Some of the JStorm merge threads seem to indicate this.  I was considering studying Clojure in order to contribute more deeply (have some lambda calculus and functional programming study under my belt), but I'm a bit worried that learning it now will be too late to help here... ?
CRB

Re: Learn Clojure?

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Chuck and everyone else,
It does look likely that we will move away from Clojure for a lot of development, primarily driven by the code merger with JStorm.  None of it has been finalized, but it does seem very likely, but like anything else in apache it is/at least is supposed to be community over code, so if you have a different opinion on this please speak up and let the PMC know.
 - Bobby