Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Maruthi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/25 16:57:14 UTC

Thank you

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for your help and great patience.Now my Action class is working.Seems to be
jsp:useBean is not working in Jetspeed-1.5.I tried with your code also but the same problem i got ...might be its not working with 1.5.

Anyway thanks a lot.
Sch�ne Wochenende & Viele Spass,
Tschuss,
Maruthi.
Ph : 0179 7720386

Flo�mann_Christoph <Ch...@volke-muc.de> wrote:
Hi Maruthi,
let's try some little sample code. I hope you are compiling jetspeed from the source. This code runs in J1.4b4 for sure.
jsp page
put this in /webapp/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/portlets/html/
name it: Actiontest.jsp

    String jspeid = (String) request.getAttribute("js_peid");
%>

" method=post>
 [input] " name=js_peid>
 [input]
 [input]

the java file
put this in: /src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/actions/portlets/
call it: ActionTest.java
package org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets;

import org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.JspPortletAction;
import org.apache.jetspeed.portal.Portlet;
import org.apache.turbine.util.RunData;

public class ActionTest extends JspPortletAction {

protected void buildNormalContext(Portlet portlet, RunData rundata) throws Exception {
System.out.println("Built ActionTest Portlet!");
}

public void doUpdate(RunData rundata, Portlet portlet){
System.out.println("Action!!!!");
}
}
Entry in xreg file:

Simple Test

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.JspPortlet

>From this example you should be able to extract the knowledge you need.
Chris