Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jason Russ <JR...@Korson-McGregor.com> on 2000/11/16 18:03:14 UTC

spaced headers?

I am trying to create a FO document that
will display text at the top of each page
text that is spaced out

For example
11/1/00                            Title                            pg
1.
(start)                                (center)
(end)

Does anyone know what kind of tags I could use to
get this type of spacing?

I have tried placing a table in a static  before region but
the problem with this requires specification of column
width and I will often change the size of the paper.

Are there any other tags that might accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Russ

--
Jason L. Russ
Software Consultant

Re: spaced headers?

Posted by Barry Workman <bw...@beol.net>.
I have this working simply by adding whitespace to <xsl:text> within
static-content. It is not the best solution, but it works for now and is
repeatable.
Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> A couple other things I tried were
> using blocks with absolute positioning (not supported), and fo:leader
> leader-pattern="space" (also not supported)

I have implemented fo:leader with the leader-pattern=rule/space/dots
, not use-content. And it seems to work, but (actually it is BUT):

In my free time I am still hunting a bug which stops fo:leader from
being displayed at all if it is wrapped into a block which has no other
children.

I took a short-cut with the new properties: leader doesn't generate a
leaderArea but an inlineArea and treats the pattern as simple text.
This is obviously not the proper thing to do.

I can't promise anything, but I hope it won't take to long until it is
finished.

Fotis

Re: spaced headers?

Posted by Kelly Campbell <ca...@camk.net>.