Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/21 02:11:57 UTC

[m2] jsp syntax verification

Does the war plugin verify the syntax correctness of JSP pages /
documents during the build?

If not, would this be a reasonable enhancement request to the maven-war-plugin?
Or perhaps it should have its own maven-jspc-plugin?

Such JSP files are usually compiled-on-demand after deployment to the
web container.

It would be useful to automatically fail the build when invalid JSP
syntax is used.

Kind Regards,
John Fallows.

Re: [m2] jsp syntax verification

Posted by Matthew L Daniel <md...@scdi.com>.
> Since there is no standard JSPC, I would think that this belongs in a
> tomcat plugin.

I thought that Tomcat was the reference implementation for web-app
container, at least before Sun started shipping S1AS as the J2EE RI.

Even if not, it's a "reasonable" conclusion that Jasper is as close as
you're going to get, since Glassfish (S1AS 9.0 OpenSource) uses Jasper
as it's JspC, too.

I have an m1 plugin that does exactly this (leveraging Jasper), but I
have not had the bandwidth to learn the m2 plugin infrastructure.

  HTH,
  -- /v\atthew

Re: [m2] jsp syntax verification

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Since there is no standard JSPC, I would think that this belongs in a
tomcat plugin. It would bind into the lifecycle to ensure the war
plugin is handed the correct classes if the precompiled files are
being included.

- Brett