Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org> on 2011/04/27 08:47:07 UTC

[announce] bookkeeper subproject

i'm happy to announce that we finally have the bookkeeper subproject
setup. it's webpage is http://zookeeper.apache.org/bookkeeper. both
bookeeper and hedwig have moved over to this subproject. we have the
svn repository, mailing lists, and jira all setup.

bookkeeper is a distributed write ahead log. we are working on
integrating it with hbase and hdfs namenode. it is also used by
hedwig, which is a distributed topic based pub/sub system based on
zookeeper and bookkeeper.

Re: [announce] bookkeeper subproject

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Agreed, thanks for all the effort in putting the site and the
infrastructure up, Ben.

-Flavio

On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:59 PM, Mahadev Konar wrote:

> Really Nice!!!
>
> Thanks a lot Ben on making this happen!
>
> thanks
> mahadev
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> i'm happy to announce that we finally have the bookkeeper subproject
>> setup. it's webpage is http://zookeeper.apache.org/bookkeeper. both
>> bookeeper and hedwig have moved over to this subproject. we have the
>> svn repository, mailing lists, and jira all setup.
>>
>> bookkeeper is a distributed write ahead log. we are working on
>> integrating it with hbase and hdfs namenode. it is also used by
>> hedwig, which is a distributed topic based pub/sub system based on
>> zookeeper and bookkeeper.
>>

> --
> thanks
> mahadev
> @mahadevkonar

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301

Re: [announce] bookkeeper subproject

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>.
Really Nice!!!

--
thanks
mahadev

Re: [announce] bookkeeper subproject

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>.
Really Nice!!!

--
thanks
mahadev

Re: [announce] bookkeeper subproject

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Hi Ben, the page says this is a sub of hadoop. (I fixed a similar
issue in zk index page, I tried to fix for bk but it's an external and
I didn't see right off how to address it, can you fix it on the bk
page?)

Regards,

Patrick

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.