Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Balin <mb...@apache.org> on 2022/11/04 15:04:11 UTC

[VOTING] Change dev@apache.netbeans to be DMARC/DKIM compliant?

Hi,
Recently several of us working on NetBeans were affected by strict implementation of DMARC/DKIM on our company server. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-23780 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-23780> where I described the problem.
Basically when I sent email from my company email it will be delivered to you, but I will not see it in my Inbox as our server will throw it away due to "Header From” is original sender which not corresponding to sending email server - ASF one.
I’m not an expert in this area so pardon my simplistic description.

ASF Infra can change the mailing list settings to
1. headers will be as suggested and compliant with DMARC. Likely more servers will start to enforce it.
2. our list to be set as reply-to mailing lists.

ASF Infra expects approval by NetBeans PMC. I don’t feel fully comfortable to decide by myself so I’m putting it here for voting.

Please vote in 72 hours as usual.
This can be turned to discussion if controversial…

Thank you,
Martin
PS. I’ve already setup my email to send as @apache.org :-)

[RESULT] [VOTING] Change dev@apache.netbeans to be DMARC/DKIM compliant?

Posted by Martin Balin <mb...@apache.org>.
Voting closed with  four 1+ votes.
I will ask ASF infra to change the mailings as Neil suggested, using JIRA issue.
Thank you,
Martin

Re: [External] : [VOTING] Change dev@apache.netbeans to be DMARC/DKIM compliant?

Posted by Martin Balin <mb...@apache.org>.