Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/17 16:02:35 UTC

Re: The Problem about GSoC 2020

Hello All,

I have added small "Currently happening" section to [1] to ensure mentors
can pull this page not to miss important information
I'll try to update it with all important info next year

I hope next year we will not have such communication issues

[1] https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 07:48, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Xiangdong Huang,
>
> there was no issues with mentors@ ML in previous years
> We had some reports about this particular mailing-list:
> But I was sure it is rare cases
>
> This definitely need to be investigated and improved
>
> On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 07:32, Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Maxim,
>>
>> I checked my mailbox, and find that I have subscribed that on Feb 25th
>> and sent a confirmation email after receiving response from "mentors-help@
>> ".
>> But, I did not receive any mail (so I subscribed failed).
>>
>> I think it is because only mentors (maybe IPMC, or TLP PMC, I think) can
>> subscribe to it...
>>
>> Best,
>> -----------------------------------
>> Xiangdong Huang
>>

>> Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> 于2020年5月7日周四 上午6:43写道:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> Here is quote from program announcement [1]
>>>     "If you aren’t already subscribed to
>>>     mentors@community.apache.org you should do so now else
>>>     you might miss important information."

>>> It seems this year mentors of 2 projects were not subscribed
>>> they miss this AR item [2] and the scoring wasn't completed
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you see how this can be improved
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rddeaf51e080a718438791c4fa1d370ede90a8f72e9e1d6b55fd2dc43%40%3Cmentors.community.apache.org%3E
>>> [2]

--