Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 08:41:06 UTC

Deploying artifacts to a remote repository

Hi All,

Using "deploy" goal, we upload artifacts to remote repo.

Our problem lies when uploading SNAPSHOT artifacts. When we upload artifact
with a version SNAPSHOT, the "SNAPSHOT" is replaced by,

[timestamp]-[some number]

Ex: Foo-SNAPSHOT.jar deployed to a remote repo it  will  be  something like
Foo-20070412.093819-12.jar.

Is there a way to control this replacing number. Why is it like this?

Thank you,

Saminda

--
Saminda Abeyruwan

Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

Re: Deploying artifacts to a remote repository

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/19, Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Adding a little thought,
>
> if the artifact in a remote repo for example is Foo-20070412.093819-12.jar.
> If someone using this, is there a way to tell the users pom, that use the
> version "SNAPSHOT" rather "20070412.093819-12".

AFAIK If you refer to your artifact version as
<version-number>-SNAPSHOT, it will take the latest snapshot that you
deployed.

Antonio

Re: Deploying artifacts to a remote repository

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Adding a little thought,

if the artifact in a remote repo for example is Foo-20070412.093819-12.jar.
If someone using this, is there a way to tell the users pom, that use the
version "SNAPSHOT" rather "20070412.093819-12".

When the user use the assembly plugging to download the dependencies to
create  a distribution,  that distribution should contain
Foo-SNAPSHOT.jarrather
Foo-20070412.093819-12.jar.

Is this possible ?

Thank you