Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jignesh-NX01880 Kapadia <Ji...@us.michelin.com> on 2003/10/21 22:25:27 UTC

Re[2]: Regarding special characters

I looked at it but I am not able to fine glyph for accute accent character. Do
you know which family has that?

Subject:    Re: Regarding special characters
Author: j3322ptm@yahoo.de
Date:       10/21/2003 4:09 PM

Jignesh-NX01880 Kapadia wrote:
>        I did post one question on special character this afternoon. This was
> regarding # sign appearing in the PDF transformation output. can anybody reply
> to that question.

Have a look at the FAQ:
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#pdf-characters

J.Pietschmann

RE: Re[2]: Regarding special characters

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

First of all: it's not an 'acute accent' you need, but a 'right single
quotation mark' (as a preferred character for a simple apostrophe), unicode
codepoint value U+2019 ( U+0027 resp. )

Are you, by any chance, using embedded fonts?
If so, check http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#truetype-metrics (table
about encodings)
and whether or not you are using this option to keep the text searchable...
(usable charset would be limited, so might never contain the char U+2019,
whatever font is being chosen).

Besides that, I'm not sure whether U+2019 can even appear in ISO-8859-1
encoded text.

Suggestion would be to (in step 3 of your earlier mail, where the final XML
is formed):

- either replace the character in question with &#x2019;
- change the encoding of the XML to "UTF-8"

I hope this helps!

Greetz,

Andreas