Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "3.listas@adminlinux.com.br" <li...@adminlinux.com.br> on 2012/11/28 18:06:57 UTC

All cluster members die simultaneously with store state "dirty"

Hi,

I have a Qpid cluster (3 members) with this configuration:
   Ubuntu12.04
   qpidd-0.14-2
   qpidd-msgstore-0.14-1
   cman-3.1.7
   corosync-1.4.2-2
   libtotem-pg4-1.4.2-2

My cluster works perfectly for months. But sometimes all members die
simultaneously. Cluster store state gets dirty in all members and the
daemon runs again only after this procedure:
   cd <data-dir>
   mv rhm rhm.bak
   cp -a _cluster.bak.<nnnn>/rhm .
   qpid-cluster-store -c <data-dir>

Therefore, messages are lost in my queues.

I added "ulimit-c unlimited" in /etc/init.d/qpid but no core has been
generated.
Here are the logs from the time of the crash:
http://www.adminlinux.com.br/logs

Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

--
Thiago Henrique
adminlinux.com.br

Re: All cluster members die simultaneously with store state "dirty"

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/29/2012 08:40 AM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hi,
> qpidd brokers stopped as they run on un-quorable cluster:
>
> Nov 23 23:14:09 server_name corosync[27510]:   [CMAN  ] quorum lost, blocking activity
> Nov 23 23:14:09 server_name corosync[27510]:   [QUORUM] This node is within the non-primary component and will NOT provide any services.
> Nov 23 23:14:09 server_name corosync[27510]:   [QUORUM] Members[1]: 1
> Nov 23 23:14:09 server_name qpidd[29703]: 2012-11-23 23:14:09 critical Lost contact with cluster quorum.
>
> That is proper reaction to network split-brain (i.e. something that qpid can't affect).
>
> When starting a clustered broker with dirty store as the first broker within the cluster, the broker:
>
> - stops itself with the "Cannot recover, no clean store." error, expecting some other peer will start up with clear (i.e. up-to-date) store
> - backs-up store
>
> Then second step is redundant and might cause the possible store content removal.

Note though that you can manually use the qpid-cluster tool to mark a
given store clean. (You can also retrieve the backed up store if needed,
moving it back up a directory).

Re: All cluster members die simultaneously with store state "dirty"

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi,
[...]

That is unwanted behavior but not planned to be fixed, as current cluster solution is being replaced by new one in upstream (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3603).

Kind regards,