Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bo...@sagemdenmark.dk on 2003/06/10 14:41:08 UTC

cvs login problem

Sorry for asking this propably stupid question. I've tried to follow the
guidelines for accessing the cvs repository - but I'm not granted acces! I
get so far as to supply the password, but then I get the message

C:\>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
(Logging in to anoncvs@cvs.apache.org)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org:2401 failed: Connection
refused

I use 'anoncvs' for password. Can anybody help me ?

Best regards
Bo

Re: cvs login problem

Posted by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vj...@dulug.duke.edu>.
On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:41:08PM +0200, Bo.Rasmussen@sagemdenmark.dk wrote:
> Sorry for asking this propably stupid question. I've tried to follow the
> guidelines for accessing the cvs repository - but I'm not granted acces! I
> get so far as to supply the password, but then I get the message
>
> C:\>cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> (Logging in to anoncvs@cvs.apache.org)
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org:2401 failed: Connection
> refused
>
> I use 'anoncvs' for password. Can anybody help me ?

Bo,

Trying an anonymous login myself a moment ago did not yield any
such issue. Are you sure your network configuration will permit
you access?

I can vouch for the fact that anonymous access is working, at the
moment.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com