Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by JIM WEAVER <we...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/12 18:34:10 UTC

Disable HTML page caching in Tapestry 3.0.3 application

This is browser client-side caching I'm trying to disable rather than
Tapestry server-side page cachine.

For our JSP apps, either a custom tag or servlet filter is used to execute
the something like:

httpResponse.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
httpResponse.setDateHeader("Expires", 0);
httpResponse.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");

I tried that code in a servlet filter with our tapestry app, and it executes
but appears to have no effect. I've also tried adding it to pageBeginRender
of select pages, and using meta tags in the html header instead of setting
the response. All no effect.

I suspect my problem has nothing to do with Tapestry, but I can't figure
what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone doing this currently?

jim