Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com> on 2006/07/04 23:13:57 UTC

Email Limiting?

We have Continuum checking SVN once per minute so our build will begin
very quickly after someone does a commit.

Occasionally there is some problem, for instance, where something
happens with Continuum's SVN working copy requiring "cleanup" to be run.
In this case, Continuum will send out approximately 10 error emails per
minute to all of our users. If this happens shortly after everyone has
left for the day, there can be quite a large number of emails in
everyone's inbox!!

Is there some way to limit the emails that Continuum will send out? If
not, this would be a worthy enhancement. Thanks.

-- Mark R

Re: Email Limiting?

Posted by Mark Reynolds <sc...@tailwaggers.com>.
I have voted for your issue.

I am not sure if they are exactly the same. I am thinking that when
Continuum cannot even begin to execute the build because of some problem
such as an SCM error when trying to update the working copy, it should
only send one error notification the first time it happens.

-- Mark R

Re: Email Limiting?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
In 1.1, we'll have the group of projects features. I don't know for now if we'll have group
notifiers. If we decide to have it, CONTINUUM-634 will be in 1.1

Emmanuel

RE: Email Limiting?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Mark,

I'd love this too. See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-634. You
can even vote for it ;-)

Unfortunately there's no "fix for" right now for this issue meaning there's
no plan to include it as yet.

Thanks
-Vincent

Yahoo! Mail r�invente le mail ! D�couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface r�volutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com