Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2006/12/02 05:24:57 UTC

Scout 0.5.1?

Would anyone mind if I created a branch and prepared a super minor
patch release of scout 0.5 that simply comments out "log4j.debug" in
this file

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/scout/branches/v0.5/
modules/scout/src/conf/log4j.properties

Everything else would be absolutely identical so code-wise it would
be identical to the already certified 0.5 Geronimo uses.

Reason being is with that line in the jar, everyone who uses scout or
a library the pulls in scout gets this printed out several times when
they build

log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[WARN, LOGFILE].
log4j: Level token is [WARN].
log4j: Category root set to WARN
log4j: Parsing appender named "LOGFILE".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "LOGFILE".
log4j: Setting property [dateFormat] to [ISO8601].
log4j: Setting property [contextPrinting] to [true].
log4j: End of parsing for "LOGFILE".
log4j: Setting property [maxBackupIndex] to [3].
log4j: Setting property [maxFileSize] to [10MB].
log4j: Setting property [file] to [scout.log].
log4j: setFile called: scout.log, true
log4j: setFile ended
log4j: Parsed "LOGFILE" options.
log4j: Parsing for [org.apache.axis.enterprise] with value=[FATAL,
CONSOLE].
log4j: Level token is [FATAL].
log4j: Category org.apache.axis.enterprise set to FATAL
log4j: Parsing appender named "CONSOLE".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "CONSOLE".
log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [- %m%n].
log4j: End of parsing for "CONSOLE".
log4j: Setting property [threshold] to [INFO].
log4j: Parsed "CONSOLE" options.
log4j: Handling log4j.additivity.org.apache.axis.enterprise=[null]
log4j: Finished configuring.

In OpenEJB we get it about 9 times in a single build.  In geronimo
many more.

Small nit and willing to do all the work.

Thoughts?

-David

Re: Scout 0.5.1?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.