Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 13:16:38 UTC

need persistence.xml for building and testing, but not in final artifact

I am trying to create a generic JPA jar that just has my JPA related
classes. Then I plan to have another jar with my domain objects for use in
various projects. What I need to do, is have my persistence.xml in my
src/main/resources for building and testing, but omitted in my final jar.
This way my domain.jar can add the persistence.xml

I tried:
        *<resources>
            <resource>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>applicationContext*.xml</exclude>
                    <exclude>**/persistence.xml</exclude>
                </excludes>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <includes>
                    <include>applicationContext*.xml</include>
                </includes>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>**/persistence.xml</exclude>
                </excludes>
                <filtering>false</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>

        <testResources>
            <testResource>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/persistence.xml</include>
                </includes>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </testResource>
            <testResource>
                <directory>src/test/resources</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <excludes>
                    <exclude>database.properties</exclude>
                </excludes>
            </testResource>
        </testResources>
*

But it appears that my hibernate3 plugin is not finding it in the classpath.

I found this posting
http://www.nabble.com/Hibernate3-Maven-Plugin-NPE-td18836071.html

But no resolution. Can anyone help?

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson