Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hiral P <hp...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/04 15:25:18 UTC

Cocoon and XEP memory problem?

Hi all,
I  am using Cocoon 2.1.5.1 and XEP 3.8.1 on a RedHat LinuxServer to
build PDFs from XML books. The application runs fine in normal mode,
but there is a problem when we do load/stress testing.

Following is the memory configuration:
 1. Total: 3.9 GB
 2. Max allocated to Cocoon (JVM): 2 GB  (by specifying Mx 2000M in
the cocoon xconf file)

After doing a load testing (non-stop hits to the server) for some time
(8/10 hours), the status is as
follows:
1. Total: 3.9 GB
2. Used: 3.8 GB
3. JVM: ~ 2 GB
4. Miscellaneous applications/processes use up a small amount.

If we continue with the load test the response time is extremely slow
and sometimes the server fails to respond. We don't know how can the
used memory go upto 3.8 GB as cocoon/java is allocated only 2GB and
other misc apps take hardle around 500MB of memory.

Do you think cocoon has a memory leak? Or XEP ?
Also, we know Cocoon is multi-threaded but is there any fine tuning to be done?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
HP