Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by David DELGRANCHE <dd...@sogitec.fr> on 2002/02/01 15:38:19 UTC

Apache SOAP v2.2 and session

		Hi all,

	I'm just beginning with Apache SOAP. I know that SOAP is working in a
disconnected mode, but I would like to know if there is a way to simulate a
session using Apache SOAP 2.2.
	I aim at deploying web services that can regognize the caller by using a
userID or something like that. Is there a way to do that?
	If the process invoked by the web service take a while, how can we
maintain the link between it and the caller to ensure it will know when the
process ends?

	Thanks a lot for help

	David.

DELGRANCHE David
SOGITEC Industries
Division Documentation et Systemes
24 avenue Lavoisier
BP 7408
35174 BRUZ cedex
Tel: 02.99.05.34.25
Fax: 02.99.05.34.05
email: ddelgranche@sogitec.fr

RE: Apache SOAP v2.2 and session

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
Hi David,

I'm doing this by first setting my SOAP class as having Application scope,
then using a Hashtable to track a session object for each userid.

I'm using more than just the userid as the key just incase they run more
than one instance of the client app.

HTH.

-Chris

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.