Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2010/12/02 15:48:32 UTC

Fwd: deprecate XML package in 3.1

Hi Cayenne users,

the issue in the subject is being currently discussed by Cayenne developers (see the message from dev below). Anybody's using XML serialization now? If so I'd like to hear how you deal with all the deficiencies of this package?

Thanks,
Andrus

Begin forwarded message:

Re: deprecate XML package in 3.1

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Adrian,

Sorry for a belated reply and thanks for describing your XML serialization scenario. I think it sorta proves my point that current serialization framework only works in very special cases (e.g. in your case we have a single entity per serialization run, no handling of relationships, and no real-time performance requirements). And this particular special case is fairly straightforward to build from scratch.

Cheers,
Andrus

Re: Fwd: deprecate XML package in 3.1

Posted by Adrian Wiesmann <aw...@somap.org>.