Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2010/03/05 01:50:38 UTC

So why exactly is Community Development the default Jira project?

Perhaps this has been answered before, but I was wondering why we bubble
to the top of the project list when creating a new Jira issue. The rest
of the projects seem alphabetized.   Is this something we can file an
infrastructure issue for or is it expected?

Thanks

Kathey

Re: So why exactly is Community Development the default Jira project?

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I had same question sent to infra before :)
>> It seems the default is the one you have used/searched/ before... so
>> it changes depending on what you have been doing...
>>

> I think what is happening is that because since, for come reason,
> Community Development comes first in the list of projects it has reset
> peoples default when it was created. People are just used to the
> default being their favourite project and don't look when filing new
> issues.
>
> If this is correct then, over time, the problem will go away.

I tried as an experiment doing a search on another project and then did
indeed find that when I created a new issue immediately afterward the
default was that project, but there seems to be a little more going on.
Still in the alphabetical list if I hit the drop down menu Community
Development bubbled up to the top instead of showing up under C..., so I
think if the user has not done any recent queries then it will still
default to Community Development because of the alpha order.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 05/03/2010 00:57, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Kathey Marsden
> <km...@sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>> Perhaps this has been answered before, but I was wondering why we bubble to
>> the top of the project list when creating a new Jira issue. The rest of the
>> projects seem alphabetized.   Is this something we can file an
>> infrastructure issue for or is it expected?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kathey
>>

> I had same question sent to infra before :)
> It seems the default is the one you have used/searched/ before... so
> it changes depending on what you have been doing...

I think what is happening is that because since, for come reason,
Community Development comes first in the list of projects it has reset
peoples default when it was created. People are just used to the default
being their favourite project and don't look when filing new issues.

If this is correct then, over time, the problem will go away.

Ross

Re: So why exactly is Community Development the default Jira project?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende