Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nils Kaiser <Ni...@gmx.de> on 2006/03/20 19:07:38 UTC

Custom XSL Transformer

Hi,

I need to implement an own transformer for solving the following issues.

- Transform SAX stream using an xsl file chosen running some xpaths on
the input by a previous transformer (xsl file name passed in the request
scope). I had a look at the TraxTransformer code and it looks like I
have to move the setConsumer code to startDocument to get the xsl file
name and create the transformerHandler instance.

Can I get some performance problems here because the XSLT file is
changing? Does cocoon reuse the transformer instances then? Or will I
have to implement an own pool mechanism?

- In a later step, it would be nice if I am able to run the
transformation on a specified node (on a subelement of the pipeline).
For example I have a pipeline like this:

<pipeline>
    <request>
       ... content ...
    </request>
</pipeline>

and want to run the transformation directly on the node
pipeline/request. How can I achieve that behavior? Can I do it in a
trax-friendly manner?

Thx for any help!

Nils Kaiser