Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rolf Schmidiger <gi...@active.ch> on 2004/08/04 09:17:08 UTC

Seperate Classpath for test or Javadoc (or other plugins)

Hi

I use several jar's for launching my testcases (ex. Httpunit) and the
javadoc plugin (i use another doclet).

Is there a way to seperate those dependencies from the "real" application
dependencies?
(Sample: use some properties for the dependency?)

Currently i put all jar's needed for javadoc and/or junit in the "normal"
pom descriptor. Which means: Huge list, problems if you get the
"Dependencies inheritance" working ;->

Idealy i do not want to write a plugin for all this ...

Thanks for an advice

Rolf

AW: Seperate Classpath for test or Javadoc (or other plugins)

Posted by "mr.x" <mr...@tele2.ch>.
Hi Michal

Thanks for the "correct" reply. Indeed we are talking about two or more
graphs. From my point of view there should be a mechanism to "manipulate"
the classpath of a specific plugin to solve such a problem. (or have
somthing like <project><build><dependencies> in the pom and to fork the VM
for all "none compile/run" goals)

Anyway, the transitive dependencies is not a main "issue" for me, normally i
want to specify the libraries myself to easier detect potential problems...

But i've encountered other problems (which may be addresses in future
releases ?):
- I've got to use JCE an JSSE (have to use J2SE 1.3 ;-<)
- Some Jars MUST be in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext\ to get them to work, in the
project i MUST not reference these libraries but at least:
1: i want to show them in the "project info"-"dependencies" report (Yes i
can document it in xdocs..)
2: And the Maven build should stop "nicely" if the needed classes could not
be found in the system classloader (is there a Jelly code which can be
executed before java:compile or test:test ?)

Any ideas ? Thx
Cheers
Rolf
Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi Rolf,

I think this will be improved when transitive dependencies functionality is
implemented. Currently the only solution is using xml entities, check "List
all dependencies or only main ones?" thread.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project