Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/05/11 11:29:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.1

The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.1 release is now available for voting.

The major changes compared to the 8.5.0 release are:
- Add the org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview package that can be
  used to gain early access to Servlet 4.0 features. Note that this
  package will not be present in Tomcat 9.
- Make default TLS configuration more secure
- Add direct HTTP/2 connection support
- Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.7 to
  pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2h and
  APR 1.5.2.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.1/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1077/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_1/

The proposed 8.5.1 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
[ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.1

[CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/05/2016 12:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.1 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 8.5.0 release are:
> - Add the org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview package that can be
>   used to gain early access to Servlet 4.0 features. Note that this
>   package will not be present in Tomcat 9.
> - Make default TLS configuration more secure
> - Add direct HTTP/2 connection support
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.7 to
>   pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2h and
>   APR 1.5.2.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.1/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1077/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_1/
>
> The proposed 8.5.1 release is:
> [X] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
> [ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.1

Regression in fragment processing.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.1

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/05/2016 14:00, R�my Maucherat wrote:

>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.1 release is now available for voting.
>>
>> The major changes compared to the 8.5.0 release are:
>> - Add the org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview package that can be
>>   used to gain early access to Servlet 4.0 features. Note that this
>>   package will not be present in Tomcat 9.
>> - Make default TLS configuration more secure
>> - Add direct HTTP/2 connection support
>> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.7 to
>>   pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2h and
>>   APR 1.5.2.
>>
>> It can be obtained from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.1/
>> The Maven staging repo is:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1077/
>> The svn tag is:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_1/
>>
>> The proposed 8.5.1 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
>> [ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
>>
> Well, a "straight" vote is fine, but maybe there should be some discussion
> first. The build works very well for me, but it could be too ambitious to
> vote stable already. I'm hesitating ;)

I feel much the same way. I don't think there are any major issues but
it does seem a little soon for stable. If all my tests pass I was
planning on voting for Beta this time and - assuming no nasty
regressions surface - Stable next time.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.1 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 8.5.0 release are:
> - Add the org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview package that can be
>   used to gain early access to Servlet 4.0 features. Note that this
>   package will not be present in Tomcat 9.
> - Make default TLS configuration more secure
> - Add direct HTTP/2 connection support
> - Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.7 to
>   pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2h and
>   APR 1.5.2.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.1/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1077/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_1/
>
> The proposed 8.5.1 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
> [ ] Beta   - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
>
> Well, a "straight" vote is fine, but maybe there should be some discussion
first. The build works very well for me, but it could be too ambitious to
vote stable already. I'm hesitating ;)

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 8.5.1

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 11. Mai 2016 13:29:23 MESZ, schrieb Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.5.1 release is now available for voting.
>
>The major changes compared to the 8.5.0 release are:
>- Add the org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview package that can be
>  used to gain early access to Servlet 4.0 features. Note that this
>  package will not be present in Tomcat 9.
>- Make default TLS configuration more secure
>- Add direct HTTP/2 connection support
>- Update the packaged version of the Tomcat Native Library to 1.2.7 to
>  pick up the Windows binaries that are based on OpenSSL 1.0.2h and
>  APR 1.5.2.
>
>It can be obtained from:
>https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-8/v8.5.1/
>The Maven staging repo is:
>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1077/
>The svn tag is:
>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc8.5.x/tags/TOMCAT_8_5_1/
>
>The proposed 8.5.1 release is:
>[ ] Broken - do not release
>[ ] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.5.1
>[x] Beta   - go ahead and release as 8.5.1

Felix