Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/01/27 21:10:58 UTC

BlockContext introduces Phoenix dependency

Danny,

  +        //Temporary get out to allow complex mailet config files to stop
blocking sergei sozonoff's work on bouce processing
  +        attributes.put("confDir",
((BlockContext)myContext).getBaseDirectory().getCanonicalPath()+"/conf/");

This introduces a problem.  BlockContext is Phoenix dependent.  We should
find out from Stephen if there is a portable way to accomplish the same
goal.  I believe that I have code from Peter that removes BlockContext for
the mailet class loader code.  I'll look and see.  I should have time to
start looking at his contributions (tons of new features and enhancements),
and James v3.

	--- Noel

RE: BlockContext introduces Phoenix dependency

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stephen,

>  1. Create: james/util/AvalonConstants.java
>  2. Then update the source

You might want to take a look at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james/co
ntext/AvalonContextUtilities.java

> Once a standard URN is defined under the framework (or container work)
> we will be able to synchronize containers.

Understood.  I'm starting to lean towards a URI (of which a URN is a subset)
for things, but it depends upon one's needs.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Danny,
>
>  +        //Temporary get out to allow complex mailet config files to stop
>blocking sergei sozonoff's work on bouce processing
>  +        attributes.put("confDir",
>((BlockContext)myContext).getBaseDirectory().getCanonicalPath()+"/conf/");
>
>This introduces a problem.  BlockContext is Phoenix dependent.  We should
>find out from Stephen if there is a portable way to accomplish the same
>goal.  I believe that I have code from Peter that removes BlockContext for
>the mailet class loader code.  I'll look and see.  I should have time to
>start looking at his contributions (tons of new features and enhancements),
>and James v3.

It would probably be a best to do the following:

  1. Create: james/util/AvalonConstants.java

       public static final String URN_HOME_DIR = "app.home";

  2. Then update the source

       String path =
         ((File)context.get(  URN_HOME_DIR  ) ).getCanonicalPath()
+"/conf/";

Once a standard URN is defined under the framework (or container work)
we will be able to synchronize containers.  The "app.home" key works in
both Merlin and Phoenix.  Merlin also supports "urn:avalon:home" - but
its not Avalon official.

Cheers, Steve.

>	--- Noel
>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net

Re: BlockContext introduces Phoenix dependency

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Exactly!

:-)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
In which case we need to find another way to get the path to apps/james, its going to be essential if we're going to manage to have packaged mailet apps.

d.