Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 16:28:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1

I have uploaded a version of ServiceMix 3.1.1 in the standard repo
for you to review. See
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/servicemix-311.html
for all the links and release notes.

[ ] +1 Release ServiceMix 3.1.1
[ ] +/- 0
[ ] -1 Do not release ServiceMix 3.1.1

I will upload a rat report asap.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
+1

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I have uploaded a version of ServiceMix 3.1.1 in the standard repo
> for you to review. See
> http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/servicemix-311.html
> for all the links and release notes.
>
> [ ] +1 Release ServiceMix 3.1.1
> [ ] +/- 0
> [ ] -1 Do not release ServiceMix 3.1.1
>
> I will upload a rat report asap.

--
Thomas Termin
_______________________________

Tel    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 676
Fax    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
WWW    :  http://www.blue-elephant-systems.com
Email  :  Thomas.Termin@blue-elephant-systems.com

blue elephant systems GmbH
Firmensitz      : Wollgrasweg 49, D-70599 Stuttgart
Registergericht : Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer : Holger Dietrich, Thomas Gentsch, Joachim Hoernle

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Ok.  I will cc general@incubator.apache.org at the same time.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> One of the problem is to be able to test it.  Archetypes depends on
> the repository where the artifacts are deployed, so if you deploy to a
> staging repo, there's no way to test them.
>
> The problem only happen because we are in incubation,

How is this an incubation problem?   Once you graduate, you DEFINITELY
don't want to be deploying to the release area before the vote.   They
would automatically get synced to central within 4 hours and you run
into a very bad situation of artifacts going out without being
properly "endorsed".

> thus artifacts
> are not available through public repository.  Btw, the maven
> incubating repo is not completely endorsed by the ASF,

Everything in that repo is supposed to be "endorsed" by the Incubator
PMC.   If they haven't said its OK, it's not OK.

> so I don't
> think they should be considered
> released as soon as they are there.  Anyway, the main problem is the
> former and I don't see any simple solution to it unfortunately.

You'll need to work with the Maven folks to find a solution.
Deploying "potential releases" to the release area before a vote is not
a viable option.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 5/17/07, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 10:28, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> > [ X ] -1 Do not release ServiceMix 3.1.1
> >
> > I will upload a rat report asap.
>

> I figure I'll -1 this before it gets to general@incubator...
>
> Issues:
> 1) Procedural: you published these into the release repository.  Thus,
> they are already released.   They should be staged into a staging area,
> voted on there, then if the vote passes, moved into the release
> repository.   As it stands right now, it's technically already released
> without a vote.

One of the problem is to be able to test it.  Archetypes depends on the
repository where the artifacts are deployed, so if you deploy to a staging
repo, there's no way to test them.

The problem only happen because we are in incubation, thus artifacts are
not available through public repository.  Btw, the maven incubating repo
is not completely endorsed by the ASF, so I don't think they should be
considered
released as soon as they are there.  Anyway, the main problem is the former
and I don't see any simple solution to it unfortunately.

2) The sources jars and javadoc jars don't have the disclaimer, notice,
> or license files in them.   Thus, they are not releasable.   (look into
> the remote-resources plugin, the cxf/trunk/parent pom is an example.)

We use our own plugin for that.  I guess we can switch to the official one
it it works better.

3) Nothing has been gpg signed.   All release artifacts must be gpg
> signed.  A "release" profile with the gpg plugin would solve this.  (you
> can use the cxf/trunk pom as an example)

This is already configured, but  using maven release plugin is not really
an option.  I just forgot to activate the profile :-(

Anyway, IMO, it's not ready to go.    If you have problems with the maven
> stuff, feel free to ping me.  I'd be glad to help out.

Thanks !

I'll fix that and redeploy a release.

--

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 looks good to me

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The rat log is available at
http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/rat-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating.txt

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Guillaume,

I've just retried a few of the samples as well as some of my own SAs.
Everything seems to work fine, so here's my +1 now...

Gert

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
It should be fixed now.  I have updated the tag and uploaded a new distro.
Thanks for reporting that !

On 5/16/07, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> The WSDL-first example doesn't seem to work.  It gives a
> javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException: Do not understand pattern: null
> when
> testing it with the client.html on this machine.  The xbean.xml file no
> longer contains the defaultMep attribute (has been removed while solving
> SM-901: Upgrade to xfire 1.2.5).
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > I have uploaded a version of ServiceMix 3.1.1 in the standard repo
> > for you to review. See
> > http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/servicemix-311.html
> > for all the links and release notes.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release ServiceMix 3.1.1
> > [ ] +/- 0
> > [ ] -1 Do not release ServiceMix 3.1.1
> >
> > I will upload a rat report asap.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

Posted by Philip Dodds <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1

Philip

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I've just seen I forgot to remove the SNAPSHOT version
in the shell script used to easily create archetypes (bin/smx-arch).
I have just change that and I have uploaded a new distribution (only the
apache-servicemix distribution is affected).