Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by yjz <zh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/11 22:18:36 UTC

change password for account 'system'

There are two ways to change user's password from geronimo's document: from
console or changing users.properties file. However, it didn't work well for
me. When I change it from console, I usually tested it by restarting the
server, however, not everytime that I could start the server successfully.
If I go by changing the users.properties file, it is even worse. The system
start-up always choke up, occasionally on module system-database, more often
on module activemq. I actually don't care that much about changing it from
console since I want to change it in my script to start the server. Does
anybody know how to change the password for system account by changing the
files? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
yjz

Re: change password for account 'system'

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I cannot recreate this either.  Changing password from either
console or users.properties file works for me too.  I saw some JIRA
related to starting server in Eclipse... Are you doing the start inside
of Eclipse?

Lin

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just for the record, I got a private note from the sender that he was
starting the g 1.1 server from Eclipse.   So we should be okay with this
scenario in 2.0 outside of Eclipse.

This may be a good scenario to try with our latest eclipse plugin RC, if
someone already got an env. for that.

Lin

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
It works for me on trunk, both changing from the admin console and
editing var/security/users.properties.  Can you provide more details
about exactly what you did?  No matter what you did to the security
realm it is not going to affect geronimo startup: the properties
files aren't read until you try to log on.

thanks
david jencks