Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cobelia - Audrey Cuny <au...@cobelia.com> on 2012/05/07 14:40:36 UTC

Re: Cannot add files to classpath

Hello everybody,

I have the same proble. I used to add my jars into the conf/lib
repository of James 3 Beta 3 and it worked very well, so when I migrated
on Beta 4 I did the same, but it refuses to pick up them. I tried to put
my jars into the /conf/lib repository and the /lib/ repository, and
almost every where, but impossible to run James Beta 4. I absolutely
didn't change anything to the name or the classpath of my own matchers
and mailets.

Does anybody encountered and resolved this problem ?

Thank you so much.

Audrey

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Audrey,

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMESAPP-8 .You should be able
to use run.sh or modify ./conf/wrapper.conf to add conf/lib to the
classpath, just after ./conf is added.

Both of them are needed, in this order as conf contains the overrrides
for config files and conf/lib the new libs.

Cheers,

p.s. In the future please report problems as soon as you encounter them
so we can take action.

Pe 07.05.2012 15:40, Cobelia - Audrey Cuny a scris:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have the same proble. I used to add my jars into the conf/lib
> repository of James 3 Beta 3 and it worked very well, so when I migrated
> on Beta 4 I did the same, but it refuses to pick up them. I tried to put
> my jars into the /conf/lib repository and the /lib/ repository, and
> almost every where, but impossible to run James Beta 4. I absolutely
> didn't change anything to the name or the classpath of my own matchers
> and mailets.
>
> Does anybody encountered and resolved this problem ?
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> Audrey
>

> Le 31/03/2012 10:47, Eric Charles a écrit :
>> You can simply add the jar in conf/lib and it will be picked up into
>> the classpath without any additional configuration.
>>
>> Thx, Eric
>>
>> On 30/03/12 21:38, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
>>> There are two ways you can start your James server. If you are setting
>>> CLASSPATH_PREFIX you should be able to start server by using run.sh
>>> script:
>>> #./run.sh&
>>> If you are starting James using james script #./james start this uses
>>> ../conf/wrapper.conf you need to set the classpath with all your JAR.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Sai

Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com