Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2011/06/13 18:38:00 UTC

OpenOffice.org next steps

I've divided up the list of proposed committers into four categories,
based on their current status.

--- Have IDs:

damjan     Damjan Jovanovic
florent    Florent André
grobmeier  Christian Grobmeier
gstein     Greg Stein
jim        Jim Jagielski
lrosen     Lawrence Rosen
rdonkin    Robert Burrell Donkin
wave       David Fisher
yegor      Yegor Kozlov

   These inidividuals can be added immediately

--- Have ICLAs on file, but no ids:

Mathias Bauer
Raphael Bircher
Simon Brouwer
Andrew Brown
Arthur Buijs
Jian Hong Cheng
Jin Hua Chen
Dennis E. Hamilton
Don Harbison
Drew Jensen
Christoph Jopp
Steve Lee
Yong Lin Ma
Carl Marcum
Phillip Rhodes
Andrew Rist
Lei Wang
Zhe Wang
Jian Fang Zhang

  Next steps: I'll contact each to get preferred UNIX ids:
      http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter

    (Note: in cases where they differ, I'll be using the
     email addresses from the ICLA, not from the proposal)

    IDs selected should not match an already issued id:
      http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html

--- Need ICLAs:

Fred-Juan DIAZ
Eike Rathke
Marcelo Horacio Fortino
Cyril Beaussier
Carl Symons
Jaime R. Garza
Patrick Maupin
Stephane Quenson
Wolf Halton
Jomar Silva
Stefan Taxhet
Christian Lippka
imacat
Miguel Á. Ríos
Kent Åberg
Ben Bois
Dieter Loeschky
Roman Gelbort
Eric Bachard
Manfred Reiter
Herbert Duerr
Ingrid von der Mehden
Ivo Hinkelmann
Juergen Schmidt
Juan C. Sanz
Alexandro Colorado
Kai Ahrens
Kazunari Hirano
Kai Sommerfeld
Luis E. Vasquez
Louis Suárez-Potts
Maho NAKATA
Eric Hoch
Mechtilde Stehmann
Martin Hollmichel
Michael Stehmann
Marcus Lange
Michael Stahl
Malte Timmermann
Olaf Felka
Peter Junge
Allen Pulsifer
Zoltán Reizinger
Stephan Bergmann
Dave McKay
Graham Lauder
Fernand Vanrie
Hong Yun An
Shu Wang Han
Heng Lee
Chao Sun
Fernando Cassia
Dave Barton
Ian Lynch

   Next step: each should send in an ICLA

       http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

   In about a week, I'll send out reminders to those who have not.

--- Not part of the approved proposal, need approval:

Joanmarie Diggs
Peter Korn
Jean Hollis Weber

   This is for the PPMC to vote in

   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+committer

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>>> Joanmarie Diggs
>>> Peter Korn
>>> Jean Hollis Weber
>>
>> What is required to get these approved?
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+committer
>
> The Podling PMC need to vote these people in.
>
> If these people are already known to the current team, this should be
> straightforward

Thanks for the info/link.

Andy

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:
>> Andrew Brown
>
> My name seems to be missing.  I forward a copy of the acceptance email.

The email addresses didn't match.  I'll send you a separate email
(using the email address provided on the ICLA) on the process for
requesting an id.

- Sam Ruby

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Hi Sam,

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Andy Brown<an...@the-martin-byrd.net>  wrote:
>> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>>
>>> Lists are now available:
>>>
>>> ooo-{dev,commits,issues,notifications,private}@incubator.apache.org
>>>

>>> The private list should only be subscribed to by folks who have already
>>> submitted an ICLA and account request id to Sam.
>>
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> For us new to Apache, where/how do we subscribe?
>>
>> Andy
>
>> From what I gather, you send an email to ${LIST}-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
>
> eg. ooo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
>
> then reply to its reply
>
> Damjan

Thanks for the info.

Andy

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.

For ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org send a mail to

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Send a message to ooo-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org and reply
to the automated response.  That will subscribe you to the dev
list, which is where the bulk of the conversations relating to
Apache OpenOffice.org belong.

If you wish to subscribe to the other lists, simply substitute
the name for "dev" in the above prescription: ie

ooo-commits-subscribe@incubator.apache.org,
ooo-issues-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
etc.

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Correct.  99% of the time the private list is
> used for voting in new committers/PPMC members.

+1

(Some established projects elect committers on public lists but this
requires high levels of trust and isn't recommended)

> The dev list is the "all other business list" for
> the project.

+1

Communication at Apache should be as public as possible whilst
respecting people and the law.

Robert

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Simon Brouwer <si...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Op 13-6-2011 22:14, Daniel Shahaf schreef:
>>
>> Sam Ruby wrote on Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 15:48:37 -0400:

>>> Note: if you are an ASF member, and wish to subscribe to this list
>>> using an ID other than your apache.org id,
>
> Do you mean the email addres used to subscribe?

For new PPMC members, the subscription needs to be one that I can
verify as being associated with the ICLA that was provided.

>>> please make sure that that
>>> id is listed in members.txt.
>
> Where is members.txt?

In the ASF member private subversion repository.  Daniel also pointed
out that there is yet another place that committers can which provides
a similar function, but that requires me to do two separate
verifications (that the subscriber is an ASF member and that the
subscriber has a MailAlias.  Of course, if I need to do this enough,
I'm prone to simply write a script that will help out, so I guess
that's not a problem.

> --
> Vriendelijke groet,
> Simon Brouwer.
>
> | http://nl.openoffice.org | http://www.opentaal.org |

- Sam Ruby

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Simon Brouwer <si...@xs4all.nl>.
Op 13-6-2011 22:14, Daniel Shahaf schreef:
> Sam Ruby wrote on Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 15:48:37 -0400:

>>> To clarify: some people already have IDs, such as myself. If you're on Sam's
>>> list as such, go ahead and subscribe.
>>>
>>> Also note that any IPMC Member and any ASF Member is allowed to be on that
>>> list. There are usually quite a few non-project lurkers.
>> Note: if you are an ASF member, and wish to subscribe to this list
>> using an ID other than your apache.org id,
Do you mean the email addres used to subscribe?

>> please make sure that that
>> id is listed in members.txt.
Where is members.txt?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Sam Ruby wrote on Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 15:48:37 -0400:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jun 13, 2011 11:31 AM, "Joe Schaefer" <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> The private list should only be subscribed to by folks who have already
> >> submitted an ICLA and account request id to Sam.
> >
> > To clarify: some people already have IDs, such as myself. If you're on Sam's
> > list as such, go ahead and subscribe.
> >
> > Also note that any IPMC Member and any ASF Member is allowed to be on that
> > list. There are usually quite a few non-project lurkers.
>
> Note: if you are an ASF member, and wish to subscribe to this list
> using an ID other than your apache.org id, please make sure that that
> id is listed in members.txt.  I've already got two moderation requests
> for ids that look like they might be from ASF members, but it is much
> easier for me to verify this if I can match it to members.txt.
> Thanks!

or MailAlias.txt

(we could just throw that in ldap too...)

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2011 11:31 AM, "Joe Schaefer" <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> The private list should only be subscribed to by folks who have already
>> submitted an ICLA and account request id to Sam.
>
> To clarify: some people already have IDs, such as myself. If you're on Sam's
> list as such, go ahead and subscribe.
>
> Also note that any IPMC Member and any ASF Member is allowed to be on that
> list. There are usually quite a few non-project lurkers.

Note: if you are an ASF member, and wish to subscribe to this list
using an ID other than your apache.org id, please make sure that that
id is listed in members.txt.  I've already got two moderation requests
for ids that look like they might be from ASF members, but it is much
easier for me to verify this if I can match it to members.txt.
Thanks!

> You're being watched. <cue ominous music>

:-)

> Cheers,
> -g

- Sam Ruby

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 13, 2011 11:31 AM, "Joe Schaefer" <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Lists are now available:
>
> ooo-{dev,commits,issues,notifications,private}@incubator.apache.org

Thanks, Joe! Subscribed.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Lists are now available:

Posted by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>.
I'll be glad to moderate too.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If I can get a few volunteer list moderators I'll go ahead
> and create the mailing lists.

I'll be glad to moderate.

- Sam Ruby

Re: OpenOffice.org next steps