Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Remo rahman <re...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/26 07:07:06 UTC

difference between tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 5.5

can any one plz provide me with information regarding
diference between tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 5.5
some of the differences that i have noted are
1)no entry of context in server.xml-
so where this entry should be made
2)no logger component in server.xml

and also related to tomcat manager application
what should be the entry when we are Deploying directory or WAR file
located on server in
1)Context Path
2)XML Configuration file URL
i will be very thankful if any one can help me

difference between tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 5.5

Re: Cannot assign requested address

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Do an ipconfig /all on Windoze or ifconfig on Linux and see what your IP is.

Is there a reason you are having Tomcat only listen on a specific IP?

Is your IP static?

What OS are you running?

Doug

Posted by J S <ve...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

/dpm/webdav
StandardHost[154.122.154.174]: Removing web application at context path
/passwordExpiry
StandardHost[154.122.154.174]: Removing web application at context path
/dpm/manager

Re: difference between tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 5.5

Posted by Patrick Lacson <pl...@gmail.com>.
I just want to let everyone know that I'm ignoring this post.

On 4/26/05, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Posting multiple copies of the same message and posting the same message
> to both the tomcat-user and the tomcat-dev lists is a sure-fire way to
> make sure your message is ignored by most, if not all, members of this list.
>
> Please read http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html for guidance.
>
> Mark
>

> Remo rahman wrote:
> > can any one plz provide me with information regarding
> > diference between tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 5.5
> > some of the differences that i have noted are
> > 1)no entry of context in server.xml-
> > so where this entry should be made
> > 2)no logger component in server.xml
> >
> > and also related to tomcat manager application
> > what should be the entry when we are Deploying directory or WAR file
> > located on server in
> > 1)Context Path
> > 2)XML Configuration file URL
> > i will be very thankful if any one can help me

Patrick

Re: difference between tomcat 5.0 and tomcat 5.5

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.