Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Konstantin Kalinin <ko...@kkalinin.pro> on 2017/11/27 10:58:24 UTC

Does JDBC Connection Config component respect its scope?

Hello!

I'm using JMeter 3.3.
I try to setup a JDBC Connection Config (JDBC CC) this way:

Test plan
|__setUp Thread Group
  |__Sampler1 (sets variables)
  |__JDBC Request1
     |__JDBC CC (using vars from Sampler1)

Seems that JDBC CC initializes when Test plan is loaded, no matter where it is in the plan, as it can not use variables that I've set in Sampler1. Adding some tree levels with different Controllers changes nothing.
It behaves like a User Defined Variables config element do, but there's no note about it in a Documentation. I expect, that JDBC CC would respect it's scope.

Is it a bug?

--
Konstantin Kalinin
+7 912 468 00 00

Re: Does JDBC Connection Config component respect its scope?

Posted by jmeter tea <jm...@gmail.com>.
There's a general note about configuration elements (
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#config_elements
)
elements are processed at the start of the scope in which they are found,
i.e. before any samplers in the same scope.
There's such note in CSV Data Set Config (
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config
)
CSV Dataset variables are defined at the start of each test iteration. As
this is after configuration processing is completed, they cannot be used
for some configuration items - such as JDBC Config