Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ka...@mn.man.de on 2001/05/07 17:12:38 UTC

Connection Pool from Websphere and Cocoon 1.8.2

Hello,

I want to use the Connection Pool in the Websphere from a XML-Page. I use
in the moment the Turbine Connection Pool with the help of the esql-Taglib.
But can I use an other ConnectionPool from the esql-Taglib? Is there any
way?

Katrin Seiffert

Re: Connection Pool from Websphere and Cocoon 1.8.2

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Katrin_Seiffert@mn.man.de wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use the Connection Pool in the Websphere from a XML-Page. I use
> in the moment the Turbine Connection Pool with the help of the esql-Taglib.
> But can I use an other ConnectionPool from the esql-Taglib? Is there any
> way?

The only two methods of using connections in esql are declaring it with
the connection properties:

<esql:driver>
<esql:url>
<esql:username>
etc.

OR

The pool implementation of Cocoon.

In Cocoon 1.8.* The only pooling mechanism is the Turbine Pool.  In Cocoon 2,
there is a new pooling mechanism, and you can choose between letting Cocoon
(actually Avalon Excalibur) pool your connections, or using a J2EE server
to pool your connections.

Re: Connection Pool from Websphere and Cocoon 1.8.2

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 7 May 2001 Katrin_Seiffert@mn.man.de wrote:

> I want to use the Connection Pool in the Websphere from a XML-Page. I use
> in the moment the Turbine Connection Pool with the help of the esql-Taglib.
> But can I use an other ConnectionPool from the esql-Taglib? Is there any
> way?

you could patch esql to let you do so...