Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Craig <m....@rl.ac.uk> on 2002/06/20 12:55:54 UTC

Re: Problems with Axis, SOLVED but new problem now!

Hi again,

I seem to have solved the last problem though I don't really understand
the solution. I unpacked the jar files into the classes directories in
the axis dir and the common dir and now axis works!

However I still have a problem with using typeMapping/beanMapping. I am
getting the following (abridged) backtrace when trying to start Axis
(not when trying to invoke the service itself):

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.rpc.encoding.TypeMapping.setSupportedEncodings([Ljava/lang/String;)V
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.deployTypeMapping(WSDDService.java:437)
	at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.initTMR(WSDDService.java:565)

the only new entry in server-config.wsdd is:

<beanMapping qname="msc:File"
             xmlns:msc="urn:mscTestServer"
             languageSpecificType="java:msc.test.File"/>

axis/WEB-INF/classes/msc/test/File.class exists and is just a couple of
strings with get/set accessor methods. The user guide example doesn't
seem to work for me either (same error).

Sorry for the succession of posts, inevitably you work on a problem for
hours, finally give up and beg for help, and then find a solution within
5 minutes...

Thanks for any help,

Martin.