Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Linwood Doty <ld...@mindspring.com> on 2023/01/17 14:03:21 UTC

How-To apply Tomcat patch

Hello,

We have Apache Tomcat 9.0.65 and need to apply .70 patch .

1. Is it necessary to uninstall current Tomcat installation and reinstall with latest target patch - or is there a way to just apply the patch ?

environment
Windows 2012, Tomcat is used for BSI TaxFactory 11.0

Thanks!
Linwood Doty

Re: How-To apply Tomcat patch

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Linwood,

On 1/17/23 09:03, Linwood Doty wrote:
> We have Apache Tomcat 9.0.65 and need to apply .70 patch .
>
> 1. Is it necessary to uninstall current Tomcat installation and
> reinstall with latest target patch - or is there a way to just apply
> the patch ?
>
> environment Windows 2012, Tomcat is used for BSI TaxFactory 11.0

When you install on Windows, how do you do it? Windows installer from
tomcat.apache.org? ZIP distribution? Bill Stewart's Setup?

Knowing how you install will help answer your question.

-chris