Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Stefan Stern <St...@mind8.com> on 2009/07/27 11:37:51 UTC

Contribution for PPTX

Hello,

as I require the PPTX capabilities of POI, I currently work on extending
the existing implementation according to the code for Excel and Word. I
plan to deliver my code as patch, so everyone can use it. So direct my
activities in a productive direction, I have some questions before I
proceed:

- To avoid conflicts and a completely 'wrong' implementation, are there
some plans already how the final xslf.usermodel should look like?
- Is someone else currently working on the XSLF part of POI, so there
might occur some conflict? SVN does not show great activity in the xslf
parts of POI at the moment.
- Do you use any kind of code generator to provide the model and
usermodel classes?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan Stern

Re: Contribution for PPTX

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Hi Stefan,

You are welcome aboard!
XSLF is not under development at the moment and you are very much welcome to contribute. Actually, all we have is a
basic support for for text extraction  and a sketch of usermodel API.

> - To avoid conflicts and a completely 'wrong' implementation, are there
> some plans already how the final xslf.usermodel should look like?

A prototype of common HSLF-XSLF interfaces can be found in the scratchpad area:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/sl/usermodel/

It's only a prototype and still subject to change.

> - Do you use any kind of code generator to provide the model and
> usermodel classes?

To work with  Open XML file formats we use Apache XmlBeans. To use it you will need to include jars from the ooxml-lib
folder in your classpath. Basically, every object defined in PresentationML has a corresponding XML Bean. The package
names correspond to namespaces in xsd, i.e. beans for PresentationML are in the
org.openxmlformats.schemas.presentationml.* package.

Regards,
Yegor