Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/05/21 21:40:19 UTC

Unused OpenOffice source tree in incubator: keep or remove?

OpenOffice has had its own TLP source tree
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/
since the end of 2012, and the old source tree
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/
is still reachable, read-only.

Is this the recommended configuration or shall we "svn remove" the whole
old tree, maybe leaving only a README.txt pointing to the new location?
Apparently there are many outdated web pages around still pointing to
the old tree, and this confuses newcomers.

Of course, until the stable version is at 3.4.1 (which was released from
the incubator and still contains references to the incubator) we
wouldn't make the change. But I'd like to know how to behave when we
release 4.0.

Thanks,
   Andrea.

Re: Unused OpenOffice source tree in incubator: keep or remove?

Posted by Joseph Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Yes infra can setup a manual redirect once the tree is gone from the repo.  Just ping me when it's time.
Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@apache.org>.