Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dave Cundiff <sy...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/27 20:57:37 UTC

Saving secondary storage from a dead cloud

Hi all,

I've got a dead cloud that I wanted to save my secondary storage from. The
templates appear to just be qcows and the template.properties file tells
what each is.

My question is do I need to reupload these to my new 4.0 cloud manually? Or
will it see the existing files, read the template.properties and import
them?

Thanks!

--
Dave Cundiff
System Administrator

RE: Saving secondary storage from a dead cloud

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.

Right now, you have to re-register templates into your new 4.0 cloud setup, which means need to download the whole templates into secondary storage again.

template.properties doesn't contain all the meta data of a template, such as, download url, which account the template belongs to, public/private template etc. That's why you need to download it again.