Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sri <sr...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/18 15:24:42 UTC

Handling concurrency on quartz timer

Hi All,

I am using quartz route for triggering job at some intervals (say at every
10 mins).
 I am doing the business logic in the processor which involves some
processing and database operations. this processing sometime takes more than
the interval that I am giving cron (ex: cron is every 10 mins but the actual
processing takes more than that sometimes (say 14 mins)).

My requirement is, the next cron trigger shoould wait until the previous job
finishes otherwise it overlaps the previous job which finally running
concurrently.

Following is the route I am using :

from("quartz://tracabGroup/tracabMonitorTimer?cron=0/10+*+*+*+*+?&stateful=true&job.name=tracabjob").process(tracabMonitorProcessor).log("Job
is processed!").log("end quartz");

Env:
jdk 1.6.0_18-b07
camel 2.5.0
camel-quartz 2.5.0

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Sri

Re: Handling concurrency on quartz timer

Posted by Sri <sr...@googlemail.com>.
Hello All,

With the above configuration it worked!

Regards