Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Aleksej <al...@ivs.lt> on 2005/08/09 13:39:35 UTC

Tapestry4: How to add my own hivemind services?

Tapestry 4 uses HiveMind for it own needs, but I am wondering,
how can I add my own hivemind module without changing original
Tapestry JAR file? Should I create my own registry or there is a way
to add my own services and modules to existing one? I also wondering:
Can I replace some internal HiveMind service with my own ( once again,
without repacking original Tapestry package )? Tats could be usefull
to replace or intercept some Tapestry services, to add additional
functionality.

Re: Tapestry4: How to add my own hivemind services?

Posted by Marcus Brito <mb...@gmail.com>.
Aleksej <aleksej <at> ivs.lt> writes:

> Tapestry 4 uses HiveMind for it own needs, but I am wondering,
> how can I add my own hivemind module without changing original
> Tapestry JAR file?

Just add a WEB-INF/hivemodule.xml to your web application. Then you can define
your own services, add contributions to tapestry services and lots of other nice
tricks. Redefining some tapestry services could be tricky, thou. Some of them
have their final implementation defined inside the Tapestry jar, and you can't
override them. You should be able to override most of them, however.

-- Marcus Brito

Re: Tapestry4: How to add my own hivemind services?

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
Check out this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/hivemind.html#hivemind.bootstrap
You can put your own modules at the described places.

BR,
Norbi