Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Owen Thomas <ow...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/25 00:23:38 UTC

Control-shift-P.

I accidentally pressed control-shift-p while in the implementation of a
method from an anonymous inner class, and discovered, somewhat to my
surprise, that I was taken to the methods declaration.

Is this the intended purpose of this keystroke, or is there more to it?
Where can I find out?

Thanks,

  Owen.

Re: Control-shift-P.

Posted by Owen Thomas <ow...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 20:59, Jens Zurawski <jz...@diegurus.de> wrote:

> To find out, what a specific Hot Key is doping, just focus the "Search
> in Shortcuts" field and press the Hotkey (in your example Ctrl-Shift-P)
> then you can see that its action is "Go to Super Implementation". You
> then can define another Hot Key for it if you want.

Being that I've been using NetBeans for some time, I felt silly for having
to ask, so thank you very much for the tip Jens (and Neil). I'll try to
keep this advice in mind.

Re: Control-shift-P.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 09:59, Jens Zurawski <jz...@diegurus.de> wrote:
> you can get Information of all Hot Keys and redefine them as you want.
> Just go into "Tools -> Options -> Keymap".

And somewhat in reverse, also use the menus / editor popup menu to see
shortcuts.  eg. this specific one is listed next to the action under
Navigate in both.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Control-shift-P.

Posted by Jens Zurawski <jz...@diegurus.de>.
Hi Owen,

you can get Information of all Hot Keys and redefine them as you want.
Just go into "Tools -> Options -> Keymap".

To find out, what a specific Hot Key is doping, just focus the "Search
in Shortcuts" field and press the Hotkey (in your example Ctrl-Shift-P)
then you can see that its action is "Go to Super Implementation". You
then can define another Hot Key for it if you want.

cu
Jens